Problem with A8NX-E Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

i have a A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard with CPU AMD 2600 + XP and NVIDIA 5200 FX XFX 128 Mb graphics card, 512 Mb RAM 400 MHZ ( unbranded ) and 80 GB SATA HDD. The problem is whenever I start playing any game the voice speech reporter starts saying " FAILED CPU TEST ". This is a onboard utility which gives POST report in VOICE. SO it starts repeating di thing when ever I play games. The CPU temp is 56 and SYstem temprature temp is 38 both in degree celsius.

Thank You in Advance

Yikes. Not a message you like to hear.

Just a hunch. Tell us about your power supply. How many watts is it rated for, and who is the maker?

OK, I guess my hunch was off, you should be fine with that PSU and your system.

Next question, you say your CPU temp is 56C. Is that idle temp or at full load?

You can download software to monitor your temperatures. Try downloading motherboard monitor here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/26-motherboard-monitor.html

We need to know what kind of temperatures your CPU is hitting while you are playing games (as this is when you are the HOTTEST). It is sounding like you may be having some overheating problems.

Try this as a quick test. If you have a house fan, open up your computer case, and point the fan directly at your motherboard and try playing some games. See if this stops the voices ;)

Alright, that is not too bad for the barton core CPUs. I guess the problem is not as simple as I was hoping.

I officially pass you on to someone with more tech-brains than I have to offer. Good luck!

Just thought of one more thing to check.

What version is your bios? Have you tried dowloading and flashing to a newer version if it is available?

latest BIOS Flashed 1013

I have flash d bios 2day itself b4 posting dis and know it is d latest it also says d problem abotu speech reporter but doesnt corrects it ... ANYWAYS thnx 2 u 4 realising dat i was thinkin right ......

HELLO PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ........ ALSO NPW I HAVE UNDERCLOCKED MY FSB which is now 233 instead of 333 but same messages pls help me .................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back