Problem with Acrobat Distiller v 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake-the-peg

Hi, Is anyone out there having the same problem, as mine, with Acrobat Distiller 7, and has got a solution? I have Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro installed on both my computers (Windows XP Pro - automatic update). Initially, I was able to click on the "Adobe PDF Conversion" in any document to convert it into PDF file. In the last 2 months, for some unknown reasons, every time I tried to perform this function (on any of my 2 computers) it starts off, then comes up with "Acobat Distiller has encounted a problem a needs to close" then the whole process is left hanging. I have tried un-installing and re-installing Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro, but the problem persists. I read somewhere that Norton Security could have an effect, but I have tried turning off the Norton Internet Security 2007, but did not solve the problem. Please, has anyone out there got a solution for this?

I don't have this program myself but I believe there are patches/updates available. If you haven't already, try downloading and installing them.

the error says memory error. have you checked your ram with memtest 86+ for at least 7 passes?

Also download updates for adobe.

Hi Tedster, this problem suddenly started on both my computers and the error message is always different to the attachment I have posted. I have already tried the memtest, and I am in regular updates, so it's a bit of a puzzle, as it's not 1 computer, but both my computers. Regards

Hi Tedster, thanks for the info, but different computers could have been corrupted at the same, since both are experiencing the same problems. It would have to be something downloaded from Adobe's automatic updates; but then having said that I have uninstalled and re-installed. Previously, I was able to do the convertion on either computer, then suddenly both of them developed the problem. Besides, I run Norton Systemworks regularly, and also on an advice from the Forum, on another matter, I purchased "RegistrySmart", which I have also tried.

Thanks mailpup, but I haven't seen any of these fixes yet.
Before I posted my previous message I checked with Adobe's website and found several updates to Acrobat 7 Pro. Click here to see them.

When you tried turning off Norton, was it during the installation/reinstallation or just during trying to run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back