Problem with Audio Controller - No Sound!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I know there's lotsa similar qns around and I've tried everything I could but am still confused why its not working. Any kind soul around who is able to help?

I don't know what happened to computer, the sound controller is perfectly fine until 2 days ago, There is no sound coming out from the speaker except the error beep sound -.-'' I know it has nothing to do with the speakers 'cos I've switched speakers and still I have no sound coming out.

Whenever I've restarted the comp, there'll be an icon that said it had discovered a new hardware and asked me to install it. But I have no audio CD to go with it... I have no idea whats the manufacturer of the sound card cos this is a DIY computer.

Under my 'Device Manager -> Sound, Video, Game Controllers', there is a yellow exclamation mark next to 'C-Media AC97 Audio Device'.

Below is an information of the system according to Belarc Advisor :

Controllers
Standard floppy disk controller
NVIDIA NForce MCP2 IDE Controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]

Multimedia
C-Media AC97 Audio Device

Drives
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
40.69 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ATAPI DVD-ROM 16XMax [CD-ROM drive]

ST3802110A [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 5LR6R7NC, rev 3.AAJ, SMART Status: Healthy

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 52.43 GB 31.87 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 0) 27.60 GB 8.82 GB free

Communications

NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller
Dhcp Server: none responded
Physical Address:
Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
primary
Auto IP Address:
Gateway:
Dhcp Server:
Physical Address:

Networking Dns Server:

Main Circuit Board

Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6570
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 03/29/2004

Pls help!!! Thanks!

Op2 said:
You can download the driver here http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/136/136560.htm , install it and restart.

D.

Hi thanks, but I've encountered a problem during installation...

A window popped up and states the software that I'm installing is not compatible with Microsoft XP and advised me not to continue with the installation. My question is, should I go ahead?

If I don't install this driver, what are the other compatible driver available for installation?

The audio problem is driving me crazy :\

Yes, you surely should go ahead.

And of course, turn off the pop-up from Windows, we will deal with it later.

After you install the driver, restart.

Now, right click on My Computer ----> Manage ----> Device Manager ----> Display Adapters ----> right click on the old driver and disable it. The windows warning pop-ups won't appear anymore.

Just NEVER install the thing Windows say you should in this problem. If you do, reinstall it.

D.

No problem.

People helped me, I helped you, and you will help someone else in the same situation.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back