problem with BF:1942 and BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid078

two problems, probaly no solutions as ive searched the web long and hard and havent found anything helpful, but i suppose i can give this a chance

System im running is a Windows Vista Home Basic 32bit, intel celeron mobile 1.86ghz, with 1gig of RAM, and an Intel mobile 965 chipset for a graphics card
not much else you need to know apart from all device drivers are uptodate

BF:1942
I have found many people have had this problem but they have corrected it with solutions that don't work for my spec (updating an nVidia driver)
Basically the game runs fine, apart from the crosshairs are missing in-game, and you do not know what menu button you have highlighted because it doesn't show up. I do not know how to fix this problem and would appreciate any help people could give

BF2
Now i checked the system requirements and i thought i met everything, heres the problem anyway - everything installed fine, but when you run the BF2.exe it comes up with BATTLEFIELD 2 loading screen on the desktop then switches toa balck full screen then just crashes back to desktop.
Any help people could give is most appreciated
Thankyou for your time

If your lappy has a wide rez than I'm pretty sure BF2 doesn't support it hence the black screen.

Here's the fix just in case:

Go to the launch Icon right click on it and go to the shortcut tab.

In the field labled target add the following after "C:\Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe": +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1080.

The whole line should look like this: "C:\Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1080

Replace 1920 with whatever your specific horizontal rez is
Replace 1080 with whatever your specific vertical rez is

I helped someone else out with this hence those numbers for their 1080p TV.
Maybe doning the same for 1942 will fix those probs. you're having with that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back