Problem with CPU fan and temperature sensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerTV

Hi.

A couple of weeks back I installed some new hardware (Graphics card, PSU, and RAM) and noticed rather bad performance for the card and shutdowns.

I first noticed the problem in World of Warcraft, and was advised to check if my CPU was throttling (P4) and sure enough, it was throttling. I also thought the CPU fan was going a little slow.

So after some looking around I came to the conclusion that my fan is not getting enough air to the CPU. So I downloaded Speedfan, I noticed that my fan was running at 700RPM constant. In games and out of. But then I remembered, it sues some 'smart' temperature sensing system. So I checked the CPU temp and it told me it was 15c.

So now I'm thinking, that the Temperature sensor is either broken or out of place, because it's only reading as 20 and so only giving 700RPM when it obviously needs more (more frequesnt restarts and up to 100% throttling). I tried to set a speed with Speedfan, with no luck, it simply didn' change the speed, I looked in the BIOS and there was nothing to do with fan speed.

So now I'm looking for a little bit of help, could someone direct me towards a program to change the speed of my fans toa constant speed? Or could I get some advice on how to fix the temperature sensor on my Motherboard? thanks :)

Thats sounds like a buggy or faulty BIOS. Check with motherboard manufacturers web site and see if there is a newer BIOS.

The problem is there that my computer is an advent PC, and so comes with an MSI MS-7046, which isn't on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back