Problem with emachine w2260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so my friend brought over her emachine w2260 and said it wouldn't start. Tried it and it didn't, so I replaced the power supply. So now it starts up but the video won't go, the monitor is blank. So I tried a pci video card instead of using the on board, still nothing. Then I tried a agp video card and once again nothing. From skimming around these forums it looks as if probably the motherboard crapping out.

So my question is... Is it the motherboard crapping out, and if so where is a good place to find a inexpensive replacement. Is it even worth it to replace it or should I just advise her to just suck it up and buy a new pc? Thanks.

You haven't read the eMachines thread have you...

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html

"Is it even worth it to replace it or should I just advise her to just suck it up and buy a new pc?"

The power supply will have to be replaced as well as the motherboard. You will have to either find a motherboard that will accept the old CPU and memory, or replace the CPU and memory too. The eMachines restore won't work with a new motherboard so you will also have to buy a new copy of XP. Buying a new PC might be the wise thing to do, staying away from eMachines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back