Problem with email (Outlook Express 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with my email in Outlook Express 6. I am able to receive/download my emails fine, but I cannot view the body of the emails. In other words, I can see that I have recevied an email from this person or that, but if I open the email, the body of the text is blank, and mousing over the body gives me an hourglass as if it is trying to bring it up....which never happens. I have never had this problem in the past, and have no idea what has brought it on. I downloaded Ad Aware and Spy Bot Search and Destroy to see if anything they found would help, but nothing they removed made any difference. Anyone have any idea what my problem might be? Thanks a lot in advance.

also

Just a note, I did see the thread below where it sounded like someone had a similar problem, and it was suggested that they uncheck the option for Windows Messenger within Outlook Express....I did that, didn't help.

problem solved I think

I read something on another message board that looks like it solved the problem:

Just curious and wonder if you would try this, since it can't hurt the
system. Re-register inetcomm.dll by going to the Start/Run line and typing:
regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

Post back with your results, including if it does not help. Thanks.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply only to newsgroup.

THANK YOU

Hi there,
Thank you SO MUCH on your tip for resetting Outlook Express to view emails (using regsvr32 inetcomm.dll), I was about to reformat my machine, thank god I found your note through Google, THANK YOU SO MUCH, SAVED MY LIFE!!!

Dunno why this happened in the first place, always assume some kind of virus hijacking my network connection...

Eric

Thanks!!!

:grinthumb

Thank you so much for that. It worked. This was the first web site I went to in order to try and sort out this problem. Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back