Problem with flash in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatality

i use ie7 and have flash already installed but sites using flash do not detect flash and asks me to install flash, so then again i go to adobe.com and install flash...it installs properly but still the sites don't detect flash in IE. i also use firefox.. and don't have problem with it.. any suggestions...

that's funny, i use firefox and that's EXACTLY the problem I have. Apparently it has something to do with embedded .AVI files.

The workaround (using the latest firefox), is to find a page where you have this problem and at the top of the firefox window got TOOLS/PAGE INFO/MEDIA, now a window will pop-up with a scrollable list with 2 collumns ("adress" & "Type"), scroll down the column under "Type" until you find a file that says "Embedded", this is the media. Right click on the file and "Save file as" (your desktop), this download the file to your PC so you can look at it "Manually" and in your own time...

as for a proper "Fix" for this issue I don't know. If I install Quicktime I can't see any of the quicktime files in firefox, but as soon as I un-install it, MOST of the quicktime videos work!!..... oh, how I love windows...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back