Problem with Game lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwinger

I play crysis, battlefield 2142, call of duty 4 and ither high end games on the highest setting and they run great but when i play halo2 on any setting the game will skip jump ang lag big time. it never did b-4 it just startd and it is only isolated on the halo 2 game. also some times my internet explore window will freeze and get stuck i have to control alt delete then cancel out of it and then it unfreezes and i can x out or cintinue using ie. is this related to my halo 2 problem as well. i did a full os delete and reinstall and it didnt help in running vista tried installing older drivers and nothing has worked. it only does this on halo 2. here is what my comp has:
Manufacturer:
MSI 7350 P6N
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:
4092MB RAM
Hard Drive:
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Monitor:
Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 2ms 2000:1
Sound Card:
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones:
Klipch 7:1 Surround
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Teflon
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)

i did check the faqs and guides prior to posting and did see your link and tried all those prior so i posted this new thread.

Go to the short ct of this app and right click, then clik properties, click on Compatibility, check the following... Disable desktop compisition

wanna be geek said:
Go to the short ct of this app and right click, then clik properties, click on Compatibility, check the following... Disable desktop compisition
There is no option to do that. does vista not have that option?

Yes it does have that option and I solved that prob with that same fix... Once again. Go to the shortcut, Right click, click on properties, click on compatibility, click on disable desktop compisition...

here is a screen shot of it.
Untitled-4.jpg

Click on 'Open File Location'. Basically get the properties of the original .exe not the shortcut, then choose the compatibility tab

ok i found it and clicked the disable desk top compatablity and started a game and it still does the lag and skips just like it did b-4 :(

Try to disable ALL start up programs as well as anti virus stuff... Then go to "computer", right click... Go to advanced performanced settings link on the left,
5hen when the new window opens click o0n performance and check Run At best performance... Click apply... Another option is to get a flash drive and use ready boost... Let me know how you do

Ok, go to the Halo site and download the patch... Ther is a post about the prob you describe... You must update your game.....

I got it fixed!!! it wasnt a patch problem it was i had to force v-sync on in my nvida control pannel in the advanced settings.but without out you I wouldnt have gotten the info i needed from others. thank you very much for your help and patience and multiple replys to my noob thread. ;-)
heres what i had to do:

For Nvidia users:

1. Right click on your desktop
2. Click NVIDIA Control Panel
3. Select Advanced Settings
4. Click Manage 3D Settings
5. Click on the Program Settings Tab
6. Click Add
7. Select halo2.exe ( c:\program files\microsoft games\Halo 2 )
8. Scroll to the bottom of the settings for Halo2.exe and force Vsync ON
9. Click Apply
10. Play!
nvvsync.jpg

For ATI users:
1. Right click on your desktop
2. Click ATI Catalyst Control Center
3. Click on 3D
4. Click on All Settings
5. Scroll down to "Wait for vertical refresh"
6. Move it to the right until it says "On until application specifies"
7. Click Apply
8. Play!
ativsyncaa.jpg

Pesh said:
Nice pc you got there but if the Vista is yours.. screw it! :D
yea vista is a lil buggy but halo 2 will only run on vista and if I want direct 10x graphics I have to run vista.

Unless you are posting a question or asking for help, don't bump a thread for useless crap comments or you will be banned.... No
one needs your BS..

Stop playing the game, or stop using Vista lol , both are a cardinal sin , Say asta la vista to billys new junk OS, and go with whats proven,, XP hehe,,

Ok the problem is back again and it seems like everytime i add a new game to my comp it gets even worse. and it dont effect anyother game but halo 2. could it be a hard drive issue or am i just stuck with this. it went away after the abouve described fix but came back about 2 weeks later. ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back