problem with geforce 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought geforce 6600 agp card,256 mb recently.my system hangs n gets rebooted wen i play games 4r a long time...i m using driver 78.03.and i m not able to find whats d actual problem is?
my system config is:
intel 865g m/b
p4 3 ghz,ht
1gb ddr ram
power suppy of 400 w
my screen resolution is 1024*768 and refresh rate 85 hz.
is this driver problem or power supply is less

From experience usually a driver prob will show itself almost immediately or at some unusual texture in the game/map. (i.e some weird lighting or reflection effect, etc.) But to play for a long time and then have a crash/lock up indicates an overheating problem. This can be the vid card itself or the CPU or sometimes the RAM. It can even be the mobo chipset (this the one with the really small fan wiping along at 7000-10000 RPM). AND as suggested by DaProff, it can be an overheating issues with the PSU if it's running at it's max output for too long.

The easiest way to check for overheating is to take side off and put room fan on it. Run games etc and see how long she'll go. You can dwnload Everst, whic will tell what your temps are too.

Cheers

I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN MY SIDE OFFS N TEMP IS AROUND 55-62 DEGREES...IN THE CARD ITS WRITTEN IT REQUIRES 300 W OF SUPPLY and my total power supply is 400 w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back