Problem with glTexImage2D function with SIS Mirage 2 graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandana

Problem with glTexImage2D function with SIS Mirage 3 graphics card

Hello Friends,
I joined today only TechSpot community!!!
Greeting of the day:)

Please help anyone, i am facing a problem to create compressed texture using OpenGL function with only SIS Mirage Graphics card, more details regarding the problem is given below:

1) I am using the following opengl funtion to create compressed texture :

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_ARB,
TextureImage[0]->sizeX,
TextureImage[0]->sizeY, 0,
GL_RGB, GL_BYTE,
TextureImage[0]->data);

2) This function is working fine with graphics cards other than SIS Mirage 3; With SIS Mirage 3 on Vista machine, this function returns GL_INVALID_ENUM value.
3) There is no problem on Vista machine with Intel Graphics card.

I am not getting why is this getting failed? please help me someone, and let me know the architecture to create compressed texture.

This is really simple... The SIS Mirage2 is not compatible with Vista. Vista is new and it is very hardware sensitive, as you are begining to find out

Sorry by mistake i have written Sis Mirage 2, problem is occuring with SIS Mirage 3 graphics card, please let me know the architecture also to create compressed texture image on Vista.

what the answer you have given me, i was thinking the same one but was not sure, i need to confirm this whether this works or not with Vista, and if you know architecture of how to create compressed texture with SIS Mirage 3 then please let me know also let me know how should i proceed further becuase i dont have any clue about it , as i explained problem is occuring only with this card, and i dont have any XP machine to check whether SIS Mirage 3 works with or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back