Problem with Graphics card, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Pentium 4, about a week ago the graphics card fan started to make buzzing and staggered sounds, so I took it to Best Buy, and one of the Geek Squad tech told me it was on its last legs, so I bought another one. An ATI Radeon X1300 pro and now my PC keeps getting stuck, it just freezes and I have to press the reset button on my computer to restart it.

HELP!

Ok, I had also a problem once when my computer freezes when i was playing games.. the problem was that the fan didn't worked to the card.. so it freezed so it couldn't be overheated! And the graphic card I had was also new! start with check the fan

Did you remove the driver and any software for your old card before installing the new one?

The graphic card came with a new computer.. so it was damage from the beginning! The computer was new, so the graphic card!
It was just a tips so u don't waste time on troubleshooting if it was the same simple problem that I had. does your fan circulate?

Rik

No the old software for the old graphics card was not uninstalled. I checked on Add/remove programs and I can't find the software. I found it on the C drive but there is no way to uninstall it (no uninstall.exe) Incidentally the graphics card is a NVidia G force 4, there is a folder on the C drive named Nvidia but no uninstall app.

roadrunnermike,

The computer had an old graphics card and it was making a weird noise so I bought a new one and installed it, both were on the AGP slot so it was just a change over, the new graphics card is quiet and the computer freezes randomly, and so I never know when its going to freeze.

I also just updated my Windows media player to 11 and when I open the song plays for about 4 seconds then the computer freezes.

I checked the fan and its working fine. I think its a software problem. I'm going to try uninstalling windows media player.

Any more suggestion

Zeliah said:
Rik

No the old software for the old graphics card was not uninstalled. I checked on Add/remove programs and I can't find the software. I found it on the C drive but there is no way to uninstall it (no uninstall.exe) Incidentally the graphics card is a NVidia G force 4, there is a folder on the C drive named Nvidia but no uninstall app.
My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager - "Display Adapters" - <Your Card> - Driver - Uninstall. Then download your card's drivers and install them.

I think your pc is using your new card as your old one (old drivers), and you're locking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back