problem with hidden files n folders. pls help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwa

hi,

i have windows xp pro with win98 as my dual boot.

i have lately reformatted my pc n i have activated "show hidden files n folders" option in the "folder option" ever since i have installed the OS.

i never hide a file before nor bother to see if the hidden system files are showing or not.

but now when i try to hide a file, i gets hidden but completely out of sight. it does not appear in the transparent way, the way files/folder appear when activated the "show hidden files n folder"

now when i try to check "do not show hidden files n folder" option n click apply the "show hidden files n folder" option gets check automatically...

hope u r getting what i am saying.

in nutshell...my files get completely out of sight when i hide them...and the "do not show hidden files n folder" option is not working either as the "show hidden files n folder option" gets checked automatically...

i have scanned my pc with avg antivirus,ad-aware,spybot,xoftspy,zonealarm antispy,yahoo anti spy, but nothing was found.

what is the problem here? does it has to do something with "registry" values?

the "show hidden file n folder options" remains clicked like forever, n when hide my files they just disappear, not even appear transparent.

pls pls help.

tnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back