Problem with Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been experiencing a problem now with my connection for approximately two days now. After about 3-5 minutes my internet will cut out for a split second and sign me out of all my messengers, ruin all of my downloads and disconnect me from any game I'm playing, including my Xbox 360. I've tried direct connecting right to my computer but that didn't seem to solve the problem. I'm running Windows XP, I live in the country so I don't have any big ISP just a little company who run a wireless internet business. They've been my ISP for about a year now with no problems so I really have no clue what's up.

Any idea on what's going on here? Could it by my ethernet?

Do you connect through Internet Explorer 7 or 6? There has been a huge error with IE, for the past two days that affected many connections. It is now fixed by a new Microsoft download. But I doubt it affected Xbox.
Other than that, it could be a lot of things that must be explored.

Nah, I'm experiencing it with World of Warcraft, my MSN Messenger and Xbox 360 where it just disconnects for a split second disconnecting me from them all.

What kind of device do you use to connect to your ISP, if you are having problesm with all your devices it sounds like the problem is to do with your Connection Devie or else the service.

turn off Auto Update.

now shedule your MS updates once/month when you're ready to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back