PROBLEM WITH motherboard.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello iam new here i noticed many people here have their questions answered so alright.
i just got a brand new motherboard because last time my pc motherboard fried for no reason(smoke came out and everything).
this happened when i went to turn on the pc,when it went to safe mode screen it would show xp logo for half a second and then booom blue screen with error messege for one second and it reboots.

So this motherboard that i just bought from newegg,.... well...... i pluged in my hd, my video card, processor and ram all the things needed and off course power.

So when i turned on, bios screen from motherboard comes up and then after updates all the new hardwares it goes to same screen of safe mode, i press go to safe mode and all of the sudden blue screen again... i go nuts so i go get another processor that i had (compatible with motherboard) turn on, same thing happen but instead of blue screen i just gets stuck(i heard they call it blue screen of death)...

so i turn off and try to turn on but now IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE!!! the on light stays yellow i press buttons on keyboard to hear any noise from motherboard but nothing goes on, energy does go to the motherboard, because my video card Ati700x fan goes on, i dont know if it fried the processor or something (i checked the processor temp and i burned my finger, i did very little harm but it must have been really high) but iam really depressed that i waited 2 weeks searching for a new motherboard and waiting for it to be delivered and now it just doesnt work.
please help i dont know what the problem could be... please help

brzs4life said:
hello iam new here i noticed many people here have their questions answered so alright.
i just got a brand new motherboard because last time my pc motherboard fried for no reason(smoke came out and everything).
this happened when i went to turn on the pc,when it went to safe mode screen it would show xp logo for half a second and then booom blue screen with error messege for one second and it reboots.

So this motherboard that i just bought from newegg,.... well...... i pluged in my hd, my video card, processor and ram all the things needed and off course power.

So when i turned on, bios screen from motherboard comes up and then after updates all the new hardwares it goes to same screen of safe mode, i press go to safe mode and all of the sudden blue screen again... i go nuts so i go get another processor that i had (compatible with motherboard) turn on, same thing happen but instead of blue screen i just gets stuck(i heard they call it blue screen of death)...

so i turn off and try to turn on but now IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE!!! the on light stays yellow i press buttons on keyboard to hear any noise from motherboard but nothing goes on, energy does go to the motherboard, because my video card Ati700x fan goes on, i dont know if it fried the processor or something (i checked the processor temp and i burned my finger, i did very little harm but it must have been really high) but iam really depressed that i waited 2 weeks searching for a new motherboard and waiting for it to be delivered and now it just doesnt work.
please help i dont know what the problem could be... please help

Well originally did you replace the motherboard with an identical model, if you dont then XP will bluescreen for certain, as it is hardware specific.

Second I think after acting like a human thermometer and testing the chip temperature with your finger, chances are you have fried the CPU, I think it may be best to take it to your local PC shop for investigation as they will be able to swap out the various parts to see what the problem is,

Please be sure to tell them exactly what you have done and take any old parts with you as it helps them to work out the problem.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back