Problem with motorola surfboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

raul_bejarano

I have a Motorola Surfboard to access the internet via Cable modem. I have 3 different PC's in my house but only one of them is connected at a time, i have no switch or hub. With the first two, i have no problem connecting and accessing the internet, i just plug the PC's ethernet cable to the surfboard and surf the web. however when i switch to the third computer which is the new one, i get a message: network has limited or no connectivity. the settings on the 3 PC's are identical, DHCP, and everything automatic. somebody told me that it was due to a MAC address table that the modem keeps on its records. i think there is a MAC address number limit, which would be only 2 in this case, but i don't know how to access it or erase it, and how to allow the 3 PC's to access the internet and not having to erase it each time i want to connect a different PC. please help!!!

this may not work try 192.168.100.1
do a search for your ip address type that in that may bring up the modem
call your provider they will tell you how to read and reset
I would suggest a cheap'o router as this things should not be unplugged and replugged repeatedly
or setup ICS with a coupla more nic's in the fast machine

I have almost the same problem in home networking with Motorola SBG 900 which has wireless. The wired computer goes directly to the cable modem. My desktop and laptop connect directly to internet. I am not sure how I connect the wired and wireless computers to each other. My desktop is the gateway. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back