Problem with my D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Ethernet card (no idea what to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is Denis.
Yesterday, I reinstaled windows 98 after having problems because of a virus.
Everything is working fine right now but my ethernet card. (It was working perfect before today).

Here's the problem:
I use a cable modem which has a USB and Ethernet output. I can use the USB one without any troubles. But since I reinstaled windows98, the computer (D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Ethernet card) is not working. The lights are on but it's just not connecting :(

I checked the drivers and they were there, but maybe they got corrupted so I reinstaled the drivers for the card (I found them online since the Diskette I once had was lost). Once I instaled the drivers, everything went perfect and it said it was succefully installed. But after rebooting / reseting the modem numerous times, nothing happened (and still didint happen).

I am (sadly) not a computer pro and I knew about nothing about Ethernet card untill today. I would like to know if there is anything to do about my Ethernet card. I know for sure it's not a Hardware problem comming from the card because untill today, it worked smooth. Please let me know, anything will help me very much as I cant use the Router I have without the D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Ethernet card.

Thank you in advance!!!
Sincerely, Denis.

NOTE: After I re-instaled SyGate firewall earlier, I have this program that keep asking me to connect to internet: NETBEUI.VXD . I looked it up on the net, and it seems to be some kind of networking thing. The thing is that I never instaled it and it never asked to connect to internet untill now. It's only asking when I use the USB output to connect to the internet, so I doubt it has to do with the Ethernet card. I have no idea what it is doing in my computer. If you have any information about it too, I would aprreciat to know what it is. Thank you :)

That *.VXD file is a driver related file I belive. So I think it may be doing whatever it is doing as result of the drivers you used for the card. As for connecting to the Ethernet...well Windows 98 is a pain. You may have to adjust your TCIP settings for the card.

Resolved

Yeah, I figured out what was the .VXD File, and yeah, it was a problem with my TCP/IP, It wouldnt add a TCP/IP for my card automaticly because when I reinstaled w98, it Installed Dummy Cards (thats doesnt exist) but they were taking the place of the one I actualy use, so I deleted the other cards and added a TCP/IP protocol for my card. Thank you :) (May this help other users with the same problem) :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back