Hi there,
I recently set up a system as follows:

Asus P4P800 VM
2.4g P4
512meg PC3200 - 1 stick
Geforce 4 Ti 4600 (53.03 drvrs)
SB Audigy 2
Win XP home, clean install

The video and sound cards used to live on an Abit BH6 board and ran fine for 3+ /- years w/ a PIII 700.

After upgrading and installing a clean Win XP home, I'm getting random failures. Usually it's a graphics degradation with odd colors, lines or other artifacts followed by a freeze and re-boot. Sometimes after the re-boot I will get a message that the failure was due to the vid drivers or the card failed to draw. I have latest mobo BIOS, tried different Nvidia drivers, same random results. Tonight it's been rock steady for hours, last night I was re-booting every 20 minutes. This was occuring both before and after a clean re-install of XP.

Any ideas or similar experiences on this one?

Thanks

Yeah, I had the same issue.Figured the card was just a bad one,so it`s in a drawer here in arms reach.Now the ati card i have is fighting for resources with the default vgasave display.Wish I could pull that nvidia out of the drawer right now....

Originally posted by gnarlbob
Now the ati card i have is fighting for resources with the default vgasave display.Wish I could pull that nvidia out of the drawer right now....

vgasave display???

Maybe we could help you out with that problem, but we'll need more info... Post it in a new thread with a problem description in this forum...

To thread starter, sorry, but I have no idea on what could be causing that :(

Well, I'd hoped I wasn't the only one with this particular problem, but it doesn't look like it's too terribly common... I'll try some more config changes and see if anything works. Best of luck, gnarlbob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back