Problem with online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

formetopoopon90

Hello everyone:wave:

I am having a problem with playing online games such as World of Warcraft and Counter Strike Source. Everything was working perfectly 3 days ago, and i havn't played these games until tonight. I clicked on the Steam desktop icon, and nothing happened. So i waited and then i clicked on the Counter Strike desktop item, and yet nothing happened. So i restarted my computer, and the same thing happened, i didn't even get the steam account window. I ran a virus, spyware, and registry edit scan and yet nothing was wrong. I reinstalled about 2 times, and the same thing happens. So i decided to just play wow, and when i got to the log in window, it says... " unable to validate game version, this may be caused by a corrupted file or another program interfering". I looked at my windows task manager, looked under processes, and it says that Steam is running at 14,000 K. This really confused me. The only new encounter i have had with my computer in the last week was that when i shut down, a window called "Hidden Window" will ask me if i want to end its task. I haven't done anything new to my computer, and i'm not a newb to computers, i'm studying for my A+ certification;) . The only start up apps i have is my anti virus and Microsoft apps. I have never had this problem. I tried surfing the web for this, yet i couldn't find anything. Could it have something to do with my port forwarding?, but i haven't messed with it. All help is welcome!! Thank you:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back