Problem with P5N32-SLI SE & Core 2 Duo 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a brand new system (in parts) and I am done assembling it... The first time around, I forgot to plug the 8-pin EATX12V plug to power the CPU and all the fans were turning except obviously it did not boot. When I realized my mistake, I plugged in the 8-pin EATX12V (after removing a cache that hides 4 of the pins) and now not even the fans work!!!
Anyone has any idea? Did I mess up putting the CPU in the socket? (I'm no professional... last PC I assembled was in 99)

Any help appreciated!
thanks,

f-

Make sure the cpu is facing to the right direction (arrow to arrow). Also, if your booting from a case button, make sure that is hooked in correctly.

Just opened it, made sure the CPU was facing the right direction... I am booting from the power supply switch... I wonder if my 4GB 800Mhz Corsair RAM is the problem... read on other boards that this board works with 800Mhz but only once you get to the BIOS...

Windows won't accept more than 2GB (IDK). That could be your problem

took out 2 gigs... didn't change anything... what's weird is that nothing happens when I turn the system on... there is only one of the case fan that seems to try to turn but can't... When I unplug the EATX12V 8-pin cable, all the fans work fine and the front of the tower (power buttons) light up and everything...

If you have another computer laying around, try it's psu instead of the one you are using.

Seems to be a power issue to me, are you sure you have one that can power all that your trying to run, are you using SLI that would draw the most power dont forget you would have 2 vid cards drawing power not just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back