Problem with pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppetgrimm1

Hello all. Im having a little problem evertime I get online I keep getting these annoying pop-ups I have allready turned off messager and have used aol's spyware program, Ad-aware and system mechanics spyware program all these programs find Cookies and occasionally find some ad-ware. Anyway, I cant seem to find what is causing this problem and was wondering if anyone could tell me how popups still work with messenger service disabled am I missing something, only thing I can think of is that there is a rogue program that somehow got installed.

P.S. I have included a copy of my hijackthis.txt file Could someone have a look and see if the problem is in there.

Thank for any help!
Puppetgrimm1

I'll let one of the more experienced members go through the log with you, but as someone who used to be plagued by pop ups I found that switching over from IE to Mozilla did the trick as the developers take security far more seriously than M$.. Mozilla and It's sister program, Firefox give you the power to block pop ups from persistent sites and will keep a list of offenders for future reference.

Are you running spybot S&D and Spywareblaster alongside Ad-aware? If not then that might be another good move as they often pick up on things that Ad-aware misses.

IMHO I wouldn't put much faith in the AOL spyware detector as their software is licensed from Microsoft!

Hope the above comments help in some way,

Jay Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back