Problem with Quicktime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeagullSid

This problem is really annoying. There are many websites I visit that I'm unable to view. The page usually appears as a black screen with the Quicktime "Q" symbol in the middle, it stays like that for a few seconds, then the "Q" symbol is replaced by another "Q" with a rip through the middle of it, and that's as far as it goes. I've tried reinstalling Quicktime a few times, I've also checked that I have shockwave flash installed and running properly, but whatever I do, I can't get rid of the problem. Has anybody else experienced this, or does anyone know how to fix it please?

Have you tried uninstalling Quicktime altogether?

Could you give us an example of one of the websites?

Regards Howard :grinthumb

It looks like your Quicktime plugin is unable to access the media that is served by the webpage. Could be something with the network settings or just a bug in Quicktime.

Uninstalling QT is an idea unless the content served is in some true QT format.

SeagullSid said:
Thanks for the replies. I don't really want to uninstall Quicktime altogether, as I am using software that requires Quicktime to run properly. Here is a website where this problem occurs for example: http://www.granturismoworld.com/

I`ve just been to the web page in your post and have no problems with the content. I don`t have Quicktime installed.

If you click on programme access and defaults you can cutomise which player to use as the default player.

It`s more than likely that Quicktime is set as the default player at the moment.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it doesn't solve the problem. Sorry Howard I don't understand, where do I find "programme access"? Is it in Explorer? only I'm using Netscape at the moment. Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

I fixed it......

Just to let you know I fixed this problem, I went into the Quicktime video settings and disabled all the DirectDraw options and enabled safe mode, and now everything is working properly. Thanks for all your suggestions everyone.

Glad you fixed the problem.

You can find programme access and defaults by clicking the start button.

It should be near the top of the list that appears.

I`m assuming that your running XP

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back