Problem with reinstalling windows with a K8V-SE mother board

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im having a problem with my asus k8v-se mother board. i bought a new HD and it detects all the way up to when the mother board is detecting everything in the bios but then when i have the windows xp disk inserted and it says "click here to install windows xp" or whatever it says "cannot detect any hard disk drives, cannot go any further". i dont know why it keeps doing this.

i called up asus and they told me that it can be that my mother board needs to have certain drivers on it because its sata and i need to set it as my primary sata. can someone please help me!?

I am assuming your new hard drive is a SATA drive. what Asus is referring to is the sata drivers which shoud have come with your motherboard. usually they are on a floppy disk. if you dont have them you should be able to download them from Asus.

iss said:
I am assuming your new hard drive is a SATA drive. what Asus is referring to is the sata drivers which shoud have come with your motherboard. usually they are on a floppy disk. if you dont have them you should be able to download them from Asus.

i have a software cd but no floppy disk. i tried to copy the driver files from the cd into a floppy but that didnt work. it keeps telling me to inser the software disk or whatever and then press A.

please disregard my last post, i got the floppy thing to work with the drivers on it but now when i try doing that i get some error that says : " file\i386\nt5\viamraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4112) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oedisk.c. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back