problem with slave hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright i need your help. my friend just gave me his old crappy computer for something to type papers on. i installed xp pro on the hdd and everything was working fine. but after everything was up and running i put my slave in and windows wont start. it says "please remove media and push any key to restart". so i removed the slave and it started up fine. the hdd isnt bad, i checked it out on my other computer and it works fine. anybody have any suggestions? i need my slave!! thanks

i did and its not even recognizing the slave at all. and like i said i know its not a bad hdd because it works with my other computer.

Some first thoughts: Are any HD/MB connector pins bent or missing? Is your HD data cable connected correctly? Did you try using a different data cable?

Regards, Martin A

Sounds like the jumper is not on the correct setting.
Either set the jumper to slave or cable select.

Check the bios each time you do a change and see if its recognized.

If none of those work. Pull the jumper completely off and reboot

ok i fixed the jumpers they werent on right. now when the slaves connected bios recognizes it and it gets past the startup and theres a black screen that says "press A key to reboot"

Is the Primary HDD found? If not change the jumper

Is the Floppy drive found? If not check the power source and ide cable

Is the floppy light constantly on? If so its on backwards.

idontknow000 said:
ok i fixed the jumpers they werent on right. now when the slaves connected bios recognizes it and it gets past the startup and theres a black screen that says "press A key to reboot"

did you you press it and reboot? Does the same message reoccure?

can i suggest, if you intend to use the slave as a total slave, and not for booting, just remove the jumpers altogether, then reboot. you then have two hdd's, one for storage and one for OS ooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back