Problem with SWF in IE6 (works in FF2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse_hz

I'm trying to build a 100% flash-based website, that's a collection of free icons made by me. To make my site pass W3C verification, I removed the <embed> tag, and added "data=". My problem is that the site now only works in Firefox 2.0 and not in Internet Explorer 6.

The url is http://wasteoficons.co.nr/
Direct link

IE6 will just show an empty flash-player.

Forget the site, It's far from done, just please help me with the problem.

EDIT: According to my mac using friend it also works in Safari. Am going to try Opera now.

EDIT: Opera works fine. My only guess now is that IE doesn't understand type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

What host are you using for the site?

Also what program are you using to make the website? ( like HTML coding, not flash to make the actual website ;) )

My host is gigahost.dk and it runs apache.

I took the original html file that flash generates and modified it by hand.

The code I'm using to embed is:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="index.swfy" width="760" height="520" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="movie" value="index.swfy" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#666666" /><param name="scale" value="noscale" /></object>

Why dont you just put the .swf file into the HTML and leave it?

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver and I never get problems like this ;)

BECAUSE: the default way of embedding .swf files (that Dreamweaver and Flash uses) doesn't verify with W3C.
Of course I could put it all back the way it was, but then I still haven't reached my goal of being XHTML 1.0 compliant.

Sure you don't have any problems but are your pages 100% **ml compliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back