Problem with SYS fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyr0d

hello

some days ago, i installed a program called speedfan to see my computer temperatures. but when i closed that program, ALL of the fans started to run at 100% speed... so i quickly rebooted windows and uninstalled the program.

but now it seems as the SYS fan runs at a speed of 1100 RPM!!

and in the BIOS when i just rebooted PC, it sells me that my system temperature is 45 degrees.

anyone know how to solve this problem??

software detectors are not as reliable as BIOS detectors. If your BIOS is handling your fans adequately, there is not need for a software detector.

but the problem is that the system fan is running at 1100 rpm. it says so in BIOS too.

isnt that a bit low?

then remove your software you added, go into BIOS, and turn it down.

A fast fan actually isn't that bad.

Not all BIOS' are the same but does yours have the ability to control the fan speed by selecting a target temperature range? In my BIOS is under "PC Health Status." Perhaps they were reset somehow by Speedfan.

Tedster, overlooked the fact that your fan is spinning too slow rather than too fast. :)

In my BIOS, under PC Health thingy i can only change System Shutdown Temperature

And Smart Fan control Enabled / Disabled (Currently its enabled).

But it is only SYS fan that have problems.

The program called "Sensors View" reads this speed of fans:

CPU Fan: 2000RPM
SYS Fan: 1100RPM
AUX Fan: 2500RPM

Ok when opening a window to my room, the temp on CPU goes down with 15 degrees!!

Now it is 25c idle and 30c load, instead of 40c idle, 45c load.

Only problem is that there is 3-5 degrees inside my room!

does this mean that my fans doesnt do much work??

Your fans are running too slowly, I think. Can you check your voltages? It might be that your power supply is weak or failing.

VCoreA: 1,39V
VCoreB: 1,46V
+3,3V: 3,34V
+5V: 5.00V
+12V: 11.90V
+5VSB: 5,08V
+VBAT: 2,99V

thats what it says in the program called Sensors view.

you have "smartfan" enabled, which will slow down your case fans unless the system reaches a certain temp. you really won't notice a huge temp change from the sys fan running @1100RPM vs. 2200RPM, you'll just have more noise.

If you would like your fan to run faster, then just disable smartfan (this will make all fans run at full speed all the time), otherwise you should be fine with the fan running slower.

if you believe that the speedfan program somehow screwed up speeds, then run system restore to put your system back to it's pre-speedfan state.

Hehe i disabled Smartfan in BIOS, but what a noise it was!! :p

The fans was running at 5000RPM. i think i prefer having a window opened.

why are you so worried about your sys fan running @1100RPM anyways??

is your system overheating? if your system is overheating, a fast running case fan is not going to fix it

System temperatue is 45 degrees.. 40 when idle.

if not a faster fan is going to solve it, what else can be the problem? im not very good at pcs

the max temp for your CPU is 65C, so you're not in any danger. but those temps are on the high side for an A64.

is your case crammed in a corner or on a shelf or somewhere it can't breathe?? are both of your case fans exhausting? if so, then make one of them an intake fan (if it has a side fan, make that fan intake so it blows cooler air near the CPU HSF.

also, did you use Arctic Silver 5 on your HSF? (or some other good thermal compound?)

Im buying a new PSU now.. 500W. Many people have said that this PSU took their temp in PC down with about 10 degrees.

Will post results later.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back