Problem with Tsunami Dream Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok before i start this is the weirdest problem with computers i have had yet.

I just got a Tsunami Dream case with a lanparty UT 250g MB and Athlonxp 64 3200+ proc... The problem i am having is when i close the front door of my case my computer starts lagging out realy realy badly like the HD is failing. But as soon as i open the front door of the case it runs fine. I have tested this problem over and over.. and i do not know why the front door of my case when it is closed is making my computer lag down so much. Is anyone with a Tsunami dream case having this issue to or is it just me??

Could it be that some switch is pushed in when you close that door?
Or that an inside hinge pushes against e.g. the harddisk when you close that door?
This sounds like a mechanical problem of some bit of that door hitting some part of the PC-innards.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with RBS, but also if you have some kind of light etc on the front of the case door, then perhaps there is a problem with the electrical connection that is causing some kind of short when the door is closed. I.E maybe a break in the connecting cable.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok.. i have unpluged the lights on the front of the door check and rechecked all wire's and even unpluged the front fan and it is getting worse.. i dont know if its some sort of magnedic interference or what.. but i do know its related to my hard drive.. I have rewired my whole system and that didnt even work.. i am going to try a different hard drive but im still not sure if that is going to fix it.. like i said before this is the weirdest problem i have had and its not getting any better.

I doubt that.. if you goto newegg.com and see how the case is designed then you can see that there is no air flow restriction. plus it also starts when the door is half-way closed..

From the pictures, it can only be that sort of white yoke that moves from the door to go inside (in that square opening on the left) under the 3.5" covers.
Follow that, you will find it is probably bent or broken, or out of its guide rails (if any).
If not, return the case for another one, or remove that 'thingie' alltogether.

realblackstuff said:
Could it be that when you close the door, that there is no fresh air coming INTO the case, i.e. it overheats immediately?

Oh... come on!

That doesn't even sound possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back