Problem with tv cable detection on radeon 9600 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey...i want to make my tv a monitor clone...i have a 7 pin tv out...when i first connected the cable to the tv and the monitor (without unpluging them) on my monitor appeared the next message: video out of reach (or something like that :D)...i had to take out the jack and restart...after that if i put the jack back when windows allready started i could use the clone feature...but the next day the computer stoped detecting my cable...

The way I use my TV-out is:
- Turn off PC, turn off TV
- Plug in the cables
- Start the TV, start the PC
- Configure the clone mode
- Done

Out of reach i think means the output device (monitor/tv) cant handle the current resolution. Thats what my experience has taught me.

I also have a rad 9600 and when i want to get my TV as primary monitor with video i do the following :-

Start > Shutdown > Restart

then as it is restarting pull out your monitor RGB cable from the back and leave the DVI tv cable in (i think its called DVI, the black circular cable in your grahics card with the yellow scart connection on the other end going to your tv) make sure that the RGB monitor cable is out when it restarts othrwise it will keep RBG monitor output as primary.

Now only your DVI? connection should be in the graphics card, now change to the correct A/V channel on your TV and your TV should now be your Primary Output.

If by clone you mean get whats going on on your monitor on your TV at the same time (multiple output) then i reccomend you download the Unofficial ATI Omega drivers, i have found these in some cases to have more compatibility than official drivers.

To to this boot with your Monitor and TV connected (It should, by default, use your monitor on the RGB output as primay) then when your are in windows right click the desktop then go to Properties > Settings > Advanced click the "Display" tab and click the button next to the Picture of a TV to turn your TV on at the same time as your monitor and have a dual output, the same thing on each of the screens.

*Note if the TV button is blanked out there is an option on that window to "Force detection of my TV" click then and you shoud be set.

Hope i can help.

still no result...can my cables deteriorate becouse i didn't unplug the tv and computer when i connected the jacks?

If you are using a scart connector for the TV make sure the switch on it isn't at output or the TV won't be detected.

if all else fails the only thing i can recommend is an uninstall/reinstall the driver, dont mess with any settings, then follow the guide i have writen above (I have the same card and these steps worked for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back