problem with visual..terrible laggg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so i just installed Windows XP, installed the lastest drivers for my video card, latest DirectX version, just about every possible codec there is, and have tryed multiple media players on the videos i have downloaded.
I have always been able to download videos and such and play them in either VLC media player or BSPlayer or Winamp. no problem, but ever since i reinstalled operating system, and try to play a movie or a game my CPU usage jumps to 100%, the screen refresh rate drops considerably...and i can hear the movie but i cant see it, even movies i've been able to play in the past wont work, nither the games. It's so frustrating when i want to watch a movie but cannot becuase of this weird issue

if there is anything that anyone can think of
suggestions about drivers
codecs
or anything concerning visual media would be MUCH appriciated

thanks!!!:D

Check your motherboard manufacturers website. Amazingly MOBOs like mine (Soyo P4X400) require special drivers for your AGP port to work better in windows. Also, what kind of video card are we talking bout here?

information on your system would be nice. whats your cpu, gfx card, memory, etc. have you done ctrl+alt+del to see what program is taking up the most cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back