Problem with windows xp and video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem as you, but with my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card.. am considering to get a new video card, but I dont wanna be facing the same problem again if I were to get a new video card.. I just posted my problem on the Audio/Video section... I've added lots of details and solutions I have tried. None worked.

sorry to break in here, but your post has confirmed a problem I am having. When I go to this forum with internet explorer and then click on your link, I don't see the forum. I see the stuff at the top of the page and that is all. When I am in mozilla firefox I see it like I should.

Before this I knew something was wrong with internet explorer because when I would go into favorites and have all my forums show up (I have them all in one folder), the little icons that each forum has wouldn't show up, but in firefox they do. What's more every once in a while the icons would appear then go away the next time. Is there some setting I am missing? thanks

Habman6, if that's your problem, what happened when you installed the suggested 71.89 driver?

Mailpup, it did the same thing. Still a black screen.

I don't understand, I have seen this problem all over the internet, yet no solution is present.

MAJOR update (sort of). Instead of leaving the monitor in sleep mode (which it automatically goes to) I turned it on, and it said no video input. However, quickly a blue screen flashed, and the computer restarted. I managed to take a picture of what the screen said, and ill try to attach it now.

Attachments

• Computer Error.jpg
    Computer Error.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
It is a Nvidia driver, i checked it out by going into VGA mode, then display options-->adaptor-->driver details, and it is indeed one of the ones installed for the video card. I decided to return the card and I'll stick with an ATi instead, but ill let you know if the problem persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back