Problem with XP... PLS help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... Nice to meet you... The forum is awesome... Especially the Games And Consoles thread.. :p.
Anyway, I d like to describe you a big problem that I have... No program can work at all.... Three days ago, the PC was fine... Now, I just double click a program that I want to run/play, and it simply doesn't start. The only thing I see is a DOS Window, and then, just half a second after, it closes, and then nothing happens... I experience this with all the programs I have on PC, except the Internet Explorer Program. Even Mozzilla Firefox doesn't work.. Also, I tried to delete some files, directly from the hard drive, but it keeps saying me that some programs might be in use etc etc... I can't do anything... Help Please... :(

Your computer is probably infected with malware. You know nasty stuff like viri and Trojans. Please boot your computer into safe mode (tap F8 as your computer boots before the Windows screen comes up) and see if you computer does the same thing. If it will not allow you to run HiJackThis, you may have to repartition, reformat and reinstall your operating systems and all your programs.

Create a folder on your desktop named HJT and place the HiJackThis executable into the folder. Rename the executable Cranky and then move the folder to a more permanent place like C:/Program Files/HJT. Double click Cranky and do a scan. Save a log file and post the file as an attachment in this thread.

hey guys... sry for taking time to answer bt I ve got quite much work to do lately... Anyway... I run HJT and press scan and create login file and this is the "results"
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:29:14 pµ, on 1/11/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\andreas\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O23 - Service: Ares Chatroom server (AresChatServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Ares\chatServer.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

--
End of file - 1231 bytes

PBNinja101 said:
that seems pretty clean to me

Oh yes... I forgot to say that I ve done it again 2 days ago, checked all the results and deleted them... but yet I see no difference.. No program runs, nogame plays.. Pls tell me what am I supposed to do... I bought FM2008 1 week ago and I can't play it... Isn't that ironic..??

looks to me like u need to reformat an reinstall windows, that should get rid of what ever problems u are having.

nickc said:
looks to me like u need to reformat an reinstall windows, that should get rid of what ever problems u are having.

Ohh... Is that easy... Dunno how to do it ... pls if you have opened a topic about it, let me know... I'm desperate to reformat my pc and reinstall windows... Pls help me... :/

masterios said:
Oh yes... I forgot to say that I ve done it again 2 days ago, checked all the results and deleted them... but yet I see no difference.. No program runs, nogame plays.. Pls tell me what am I supposed to do... I bought FM2008 1 week ago and I can't play it... Isn't that ironic..??

Hehehehehehehehe You were not supposed to do that! :( Only a few of the entries in the log file would have been naughty and you deleted everything. I see you have Ares on your computer. It is probably the source of your malware. If you have anti-virus software on your computer it is no longer in working condition because you deleted all the log file entries. If you didn't have an anti-virus program you are in desperate need of one. You should have followed my instructions and maybe we could have fixed things but now that would be very difficult. HJT is a very powerful program that can F-Bomb up your computer if used unwisely. You have managed to F-Bomb up your computer by checking everything and deleting the same.

To reinstall you will need a Windows XP reinstall disk with service pack two. The game you want to play probably requires service pack two. Andreas do you have such a disk?

i wouldnt go to reinstalling XP unless you've eliminated every possibility.

Open Msconfig, start up, and untick everything...see if it works then. Then we know that its one of the programs on startup, that is either infected or corrupt.

Simon

you could also try a system restore and restore the computer at least to the last day (or before) you remember things were working fine.

Cinders said:
Hehehehehehehehe You were not supposed to do that! :( Only a few of the entries in the log file would have been naughty and you deleted everything. I see you have Ares on your computer. It is probably the source of your malware. If you have anti-virus software on your computer it is no longer in working condition because you deleted all the log file entries. If you didn't have an anti-virus program you are in desperate need of one. You should have followed my instructions and maybe we could have fixed things but now that would be very difficult. HJT is a very powerful program that can F-Bomb up your computer if used unwisely. You have managed to F-Bomb up your computer by checking everything and deleting the same.

To reinstall you will need a Windows XP reinstall disk with service pack two. The game you want to play probably requires service pack two. Andreas do you have such a disk?

wow... I haven't got such a disk... U know, I didn't have an Antivirus.... Now, to format a PC, is there a specific thread that I can read and Follow?? (U know I m new in Computing etc..)

Place the Windows XP disk in the cd drive after u set the boot order in the BIOS to boot from CD or DVD first and when it first loads it will ask u to click any key to boot form cd click a key then when it asks about reformatting and where to put Windows tell it the same place it is and reformat the drive and reinstall WIndows there. Then be sure to reinstall the MB drivers before doing anything else then get all windows updates and reinstall all programs and any games and u should be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back