Problem with XP Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryo

I am trying to change the theme to WinXP on my laptop but I am having this problem with the toolbar (the one thats all the way across the bottom). Instead of changing to the themed color(s), it just turns to the classic windows bar no matter which theme I try to use. The only one that works correctly is the default XP theme... wow big shocker huh? Does anyone know how to fix this so I can actually change what windows looks like?

go to run

type in services.msc..........disable/enable particular features.............xp robs a lot of resources, and on a laptop, turning on all the bells and whistles will incur a substantial performance hit.........so decide what is and isn't important to you...... http://www.tweakxp.com has hundreds of adjustments "tweaks" :grinthumb

What are you using to change themes? Are you using the default stuff that came with XP or maybe UXTheme.dll patch from themexp, so you can use visual styles? Or are you using ThemeXP or another utility?

thanks for the info JSR. I was having the same problem on my XP machine here at work. I just tryed to enable themes. BUT.....it says I don't have access! I had tryed themeXP and Y'z. Now I know why I can't use them!!!!

Its generally always because themes service was disabled, or that the profile is damaged, in which cause you should log off, log on as another admin account, delete profile, log back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back