Problem worth £120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I legally bought The Sims 2, The Sims 2 EP1, EP2 and EP3. I backed up the entire EA Games folder to 2 DVDs. The first containing The Sims 2, the second containing EP1, EP2 and EP3. Months later, I proceeded to sell these games (and not the backup DVDs) to someone on eBay. Now, I want to play all of these games on my computer, but I don't have the actual CDs. IIs there anyway of playing these games from the computer without using the disk? I have gained a NO-CD exe for EP3, but the game will not run. I paid £120 for these games and I don't want to lose out, if anyone can provide me with a solution on how to get these games to work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Britannia.

I understand that, and I seriously regret selling them. I still posses the receipts and the proof of purchase. The thing is, I still have the original game files and expansion packs for the game, I just need to get them to play somehow. I have tried 3 other websites and they failed to help me, I'm sure it will be different this time, and at least someone can help me, otherwise, I would have saved up £120 for nothing.

Please help,

Britannia

The point/problem is that since you've sold the rights to the game, it doesn't matter what you've actually got in your possesion. If you install/use the backup media, you will actually be pirating the game.

The only legal way for you to play those games would be to buy them once more, either on ebay, bargain bin or through a regular high-street retailer.

And this site has a very strict anti-piracy policy, so you will not get any help with getting the games to run. Had you not sold the original media, but rather damaged it, or lost it, it might have been a different case.

I thought those copyright laws would come in somewhere, fair enough. I'll see what I can do about getting a new game. Athough in Britain, new games cost around the £40 mark, that's around £80 for the Americans here.

It's just another way to rip the British people off, we pay Income Tax (40%), Council Tax, Car Tax, Car Insurance, Petrol Tax, Compulsory TV Licensing, Fuel Tax, V.A.T. (17.5%), Congestion Charge, Sales tax, Business tax, Air travel tax (both commercial and business), Poll tax, Toll tax, Inheritance tax and more. This is just another method of squeezing money from your average Joe.

Thanks anyway,

Britannia

And if the files were on my Hard Drive anyway, would it make a difference? I'm guessing no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back