Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahos_angel

Sorry about the vague subject line, but I really have no clue what's going on here. A couple of days ago I installed SP2 on my computer along with IE7. Then my computer started showing this weird icon in the area next to the clock that said safely remove hardware, so I clicked on that and saw my USB printer and 3 others that said "USB mass storage device" knowing that I didn't have any flash drive connected I clicked the stop button for each of the devices except the printer. Now I cannot get my USB drive or my internal card reader to be recognized by the computer. I tried removing the card reader in the hardware profile and then disconnecting it from the motherboard, rebooting and then powering down and re-connecting and it still won't work. What's worse it that the USB drive will not function in any of my USB ports. Please help

Just a little add on to my previous post, now when I try to take pics off my printer it says cannot access device. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back