-P4M800PRO-M Motherboard by ECS Elitegroup
-Intel Celeron D processor
-Maxtor 30g HDD
-Maxtor 160g HDD
-2x cd rom drives
-550w Antec Power supply
-1GB PC3200 Ram stick by Centon electronics
- 1 Floppy disk drive
-I have a video and sound card but those arnt the issues, im trying to get it to bootwithout those.

A few days ago i bought a bunch of upgrades for my old win98se. I got the motherboard+processor in a package, a video card, and windows xp and the new power supply. I was following the instructions and putting the motherboard together. I triple checked all connections and went to turn it on. I turned it on and the fans turn on and thats about it. Nothing else comes on. the cd drives wont open. Ihear no noices from the computer (other than the fans) and the monitor remains black. I have tried everything from trying to run it with everything to trying to run it with just the ram, hdd, and cd. Also the only LED's on my motherboard are for the ethernet and do light up when a cable is connected. Personally i think it might be a bad memory stick. I would just like some opinions before going out and buying a stick.

Help plzz.

are the frontpanel usb connectors connected to the mainboard header? If so, disconnect them.

the silly question here - are your mouse and keyboard connected properly?

I have an older case that has no usb ports in the front with only 4 integrated on the motherboard. Yes the mouse and keyboard are connected correctly.

did you test run the rig outside of the case first?

Table test the rig outside of the case:
1. disassemble the rig (you can leave the CPU and HSF on, but remove everything else)
2. lay the mobo on the anti-static bag that it came shipped in
3. insert your vid card (unless you're using onboard video), and connect the monitor
4. connect a keyboard and mouse
5. connect the ATX 20pin (or 24pin) power connector and the ATX 12V 4pin power connectors to the mobo
6. plug the PSU into AC power
7. using a flathead screwdriver, short the power switch pins and see if the rig boots up

Results:

1. if it boots up
1a. then connect 1 component boot up again, repeat this process for each component until you have verified all components are working
1b. check to make sure that there are no motherboard standoffs on your case that are not used on your new mobo (any unused standoffs will shortcircuit the mobo), before you reinstall it into your case
2. if it still won't boot:
2a. at which point in the table testing did it refuse to boot?
2b. did you get any beep codes (or LED codes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back