Problems booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGitalThor

Okay, for a while now I had been having a problem with my computer where I'd shut it down and unplug it (usually to move it nearby) and when I plug it back in it wouldn't boot up. If Id come back a few hours later the computer WOULD boot up. Since it would boot up eventually I never really bothered dealing with the problem. However, this weekend I took a roadtrip with the computer, when I got home I set it up and had the same usual problem. So I waited for a while and came back to boot it up. Even after waiting the computer still wont boot up this time. When I turn it on all of the lights go on, but only the CPU fan turns, the PSU fan and the case fan dont turn. My best guess is that something is up with my PSU. Its an Antec SmartPower 350w. Heres wat its pushing...

AMD 64 3200+
Radeon X1600
1 gig ram

Please help me out!

Well I think you answered your question yourself. I would look into that PSU. Antec is a good brand but you have a pretty demanding rig so it might of failed. Do you have another PSU to test it with?

Well, I tried testing it with a 430w antec. Unfortunately it seems to have made it worse. Now it wont start up at all, sometimes when I hit the power button a red light will turn on for a split second on my sound card. The lights on the motherboard are still on, but when I hit the power button nothing much happens. Anymore advice?

take out all unecessary hardware and replace eveything you can with part you know work, and find the problem by process of elimination. i know doing that sucks but its really the only way to know other than "lets see if replacing this works".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back