Problems playing dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently reformatted my computer around August. Ever since I reformatted it, the display will occassionally flicker. The DVD players would work fine at FIRST but now, None of them will play. My Windows Media DVD player says
"Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter."
My InterActual player just says "Runtime error, abnormal program termination".
I have tried updating my display adaptor, because I thought that might be causing the problem. Every time I try to install the most current version of the display driver, I get two error messages that say "INF error
Video driver not found"

and then
"Setup was unable to complete the installation
Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup".
The one that I currently have is a RADEON IGP 320M.
I have tried everything that I can possibly think of (including running the Windows DVD troubleshooter). Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Please excuse the ignorance dripping off this comment... but... What is a video card driver? Is that the ATI display driver thing? Or is it somewhere else? The only thing that I have even remotely close to a video driver in my device manager tab is something called a "Video Codex" that I found under Sound, Video, and Game controllers. I don't think that's it though. Is there something else that I should have? And where do I find it?

I forgot to mention... I can play winamp media file movie clips fine, and they display pretty clear. It's just the DVD's that won't play.

driver

In device manager, double click display adapters, double click your display adapter. Click the driver tab. Check who made your driver, and what date it was released. If it is very old, then you can go to ati.com and download and install the newest drivers for your card.

http://ati.com/support/driver.html
Here's a link, just pick your os, pick motherboards/igp driver, then pick igp family. Then it will take you to the downloads page. If you have a slower connection you can just get only the display driver in the dial up category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back