Problems. Please help analyzing Hijackthis log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having problems with my PC. Would someone be so kind to analyze this hijack log.

Thanks,
Erik Thureson

Attachments

• hijackthisAshBren_new.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 6
Well, I really am not an expert at analyzing HJT logs, unlike RBS, but it appears that the only problem you have is that you have spyware installed in IE. Specifically, a BHO named MyWebSearch. If there is an extra button in IE that you haven't installed, I would a. Download Spybot and run it. Remove any entries that appear. b. Go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any programs that you are sure you didn't install, specifically any programs that are named the name of the BHO. If you aren't sure, leave it. c. Go into IE, then go to Tools < Internet Options < and on one of the tabs, it should say something like Programs or something like that. Click around until you find the button that opens a window with a list of "Programs Currently Loaded into Internet Explorer." I wouldn't know because I have Win 2K. Anyway, look in the list for a BHO that is set to load the program C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL. Set this entire program to "Disable." This will block the BHO from loading into IE. Once you have shut the BHO off, then run every antispyware program you have on your computer. Spybot is a good one. Delete all the entries, then scan again. Once your computer is fully clean, the problems should go away. Then get at least one more antispyware program, a virus program, and (optional) a firewall. You don't need to pay to get a good firewall. ZoneAlarm Labs has a good one. Run scans on your computer every day or week, and you shouldn't have any problems. PM me if you need any help.

Hello welcome to Techspot

First thing you need to do is place hijackthis in its own folder yours is not.It needs to be in C/HJT this is very inportant it does not belong in temp folders or my docments..

Next go here read this

how to remove begin2serch/coolweb

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

how to post hijackthis logs
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic23067.html

Then a good spyware remover program and update such as spybot which can be found HERE
Run this with all windows closed

Update your antivirus

repost your log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back