Problems setting region code on DVD/RW Drive - Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I have a Sony DVD/CD Rewritable drive, model #DRX-710ul and Im having problems. It will not recognize dvd's of any kind or format. It reads cd's just fine. What Im finding is that I need to set the region code to region 1, but it wont let me. The current setting is "none selected"

When I go to change it I get a message saying " Unable to update region setting. please make sure drive contains region 1 media and you have administrator priveliges". Both of these are true.

Any ideas on what I can do? Im sure that is why it won't recognize dvds.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks You,
RJ

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

I use "anydvd"
AnyDVD is a driver, which unprotects DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like!
Get it HERE

G'Luck

I did both of those updates last night. Let me ask you this. Does a dvd player in a pc have to have a region assigned to it for it to read dvds? Because this drive when I go into properties says it has no region selected. I have never changed this setting before. It says I have 5 trys left.

This is so frustrating because generally I can fix most problems on my own. This one has me stumped. I appreciate you responding to my inquiry. ill just keep trying to figure it out.

I thought for sure that "Anydvd" software would work but all it does still is say
"Please insert disc into drive"

Thanks,

Rj

This may be the only option I can find anywhere, free trial
dvdregionmaster.com/multi-region-dvd.htm

Everything I've read today tells me you need a region hack for this drive.
I know nothing more than what I've read today, so be very careful and read
everything you can before attemping region free hacks. Using the wrong one will
end in you buying a new dvdrw....

I find it odd that my pionneer has no trouble with any dvd I've played,
regardless of region. Could be that your drive is external!? I'm not sure there.

G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back