Problems using my LCD TV as a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommytomotom

Hello all,

I recently set up my Samsung LE23R7 TV as my monitor. I changed the resolution to the recommended 1360x768 and did the auto-adjust and it looks great, apart from one thing. I have shadows to the right of everything, so for example, if I write the letter 's', then it is repeated 4 or 5 times to the right, getting lighter the more times it repeats until it stops. I've used the 'Coarse and Fine Tuning' feature on my TV menu but it didn't help, and I couldn't fix it on the nVidia control panel.

Also, I bought a DVI cable to see if this would improve the image, but it would only let me run in a lower resolution, as when I increased it to 1360x768, everything on the screen just started shaking really badly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

I would guess you need to install a driver for it. I couldn't find your model # through the US site though.

Edit: Does it work using an S-video cable?

300px-SVideoConnector.jpg

It looks like this

S-Video is commonly used throughout the world. It is found on consumer TVs, DVD players, high-end video cassette recorders, Digital TV receivers, DVRs, and game consoles. Almost all TV-out connectors on graphics cards can support S-video.

S-Video cables are used for computer to TV output for business or home usage. Because it is very simple to convert S-Video to composite signal (just the logical merging of the two through a filter capacitor is required), many electronics retailers offer converter adaptors for signal conversion

Blind Dragon said:
300px-SVideoConnector.jpg

It looks like this

S-Video is commonly used throughout the world. It is found on consumer TVs, DVD players, high-end video cassette recorders, Digital TV receivers, DVRs, and game consoles. Almost all TV-out connectors on graphics cards can support S-video.

S-Video cables are used for computer to TV output for business or home usage. Because it is very simple to convert S-Video to composite signal (just the logical merging of the two through a filter capacitor is required), many electronics retailers offer converter adaptors for signal conversion

Thank you for that detailed explanation! 1 question: will the quality be as good with this cable, will it like support the res of 1360x768?

One thing I forgot to mention before. I am not 100% on this either. But TV out usually has 1024X768 max resolution. What video card do you have? Unless you buy a converter which I have seen 1600x1200 maximum resolution, 120Hz maximum refresh rate.

At that high a resolution you usually want a refresh rate of 60Hz

Just go on newegg or tigerdirect and lookup PC to TV converter/adapter

if you get a pc to tv converter or adapter you should be good to go at whatever resolution you want. It will tell you in the description what the max resolution is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back