Problems with a Medusa headset and Audigy 2 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalin

Hello,

I recently purchased a SpeedLink Medusa SL-8793 5.1 ProGamer Edition headset, and all appeared to be fine, until I noticed the next day the sound was cutting out of the left headphone (the one with the mic), and it kept coming back on and off when the green wire was moved about in my sound card. Thinking it was the headset itself, I was about to return it, when I found that it worked fine on another machine which used onboard sound.
This leads me to believe it is actually a problem with my Audigy 2 card (the basic one) however speakers, and other headphones work perfectly fine, so I am unsure what the problem is!
I did notice when I took the card out for inspection, there was a loose bit of tiny plastic hanging from inside the headphone jack, by that I mean it had the appearance of it being scraped off, maybe this has something to do with it, although why does everything else seem to work fine?

Any help is appreciated.

Well, it seems to be working fine after putting one of the 'two-jack' adapters into the speaker jack, and then putting the headset speaker wire into that. Strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back