Problems with ASUS Crosshair motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrekeva

Hi,
I have an Asus Crosshair motherboard socket AM2, have AMD FX-62 processor, ATI Radeon X1900XT, BFG?? power supply 650 watts,2 sticks of Corsair XMS2-6400 DDR2 800Mhz memory.
Attempted to power up and I get 1 long and 3 short beeps...this motherboard has an LED monitor which reads there is a "CMOS err". I am trying to figure out if its my motherboard bios or the processor. I think the power supply is fine. Could it be that my BIOS is corrupt or not there?
Please reply.
Derreke

one other strange thing....the motherboard CPU fan connector has 4 pinsholes;however the CPU fan wire has only 3 pins..this motherboard/CPU are supposed to be compatable??? does this occur often??

Resetting the cmos is generally very safe and no risk to your system provided you take the necessary precautions of grounding yourself so as not to cause electrostatic damage.

Read your user manual on how to reset the cmos, but it typically involves unplugging the system, then moving a jumper pin for a few seconds, then moving it back to its original postion.

thanks for replying

OK, I am familiar with that and have done it with another system in the past....question what if that doesnt work..any ideas what would/could be the problem
derreke

Its an asus crosshair socket am2,nforce 590,...the only "model number" or anything like it i can find is this: M2-crosshair or D33005 . I have the box in front of me,the guide and have looked on the board itself.

just to let you know, I have been on several forums, contacted asus and yu are the first person that ive been able to "char" with in 2 days

I'll do what I can of course. But the first step I'd say, is to reset CMOS and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

looked at asus forum

I just checked asus forum and it seems there are several people using the crosshair who are getting the CMOS error message on the LED reading.A couple have been told that they may receive a bios update in the mail.
I tried the CMOS reset like you said and that didnt help ...
thanks

You do know that the CMOS button on the Crosshair can be left in the down position? It is a regular button (on/off) type. Make sure the button is up..

I was getting the CMOS err and no boot, no video. Resetting the CMOS didn't help so I finally used the DVI adapter that came with the video card. It was hooked up to a HD monitor via the DVI connection and when I put the DVI to VGA adapter on and connected to a standard VGA monitor, it booted. I havent got XP loaded yet but I suspect it's a driver issue and the DVI for the HD monitor will work when all the drivers are loaded. Hope this helps someone.

The Crosshair is so new, that it should be under warranty. Have you contacted ASUS tech support?
Also, on the ASUS site, in the online manuals for that motherboard, they list all the beep information... what each beep pattern means.
Also, on my Crosshair, I had to download and install new drivers... to get every thing working properly... then even more when I used Internet Explorer 7+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back