Problems with Call of Duty 4, videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i am asking if anyone one knows what may be wrong!

my system should be able to run it fine? but!

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 4 gigs
Hard Drive:500 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

But i play single player, and i can put everything on high and it runs great, but then when i go to multiplayer, it works like crap, i have to put everything on low, and it lags so badly? i have no idea what to do? anyone have any ideas?

no

no i cant be, because my friend is playing on wireless on his desktop on my internet, he is over, and he has not as good vid card, and it runs perfect for him? i have good inernet

Take a look in the Device Manager and see if there are any yellow symbols under Network Adapters. If so, you will have to reinstall the driver.

hey

hey i did what you told me 2, but there is no yellow symbols. but would it hurt to install the network adapters again anyway just in case? like where would i find the network adapters?

Usually CoD4 causes problems with its anti cheat system PunkBuster. It uses 2 with similar names and your firewall may possibly cause 1 or the other too be blocked causing the choppy game play. If your using a router try port forwarding it. http://www.portforward.com/ can help with that.
Norton Antivirus and Sound Blaster Live software can also conflict and cause choppy game play, so they may need un-intstalling.

Hope that helps.

ya

ya i am pretty sure its a punkbuster problem but my firewall isent blocking it? idk what to do, like i will reinstall the game, and it works great, but then like after i restart my computer it doesnt work good then in multiplayer

my computer lags while playing cod4

Hello! my computer lags while playing cod4! tried lowering all the settings in the game ran avg spysweeper & ad-aware 2007 the specs on my computer are 32-bit os AMD Athlon 4000+ 2.0 gb memory video card is ATI Radeon HD 3800 serirs

no one can give even a guess with out knowing what u are running. what MB, video card and the OS, and there are a dozen versions of windows.

Well you could of just ask him to make it more detail, instead you sound like you have a attitude or something. Relax man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back