Problems with certain web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimflint1

I don't know if it's my Firefox settings, my Firewall settings, services changes, or something else, but this web page among others is taking forever to load up: guitar.zentao.com/forums/.

Any ideas? This wasn't happening prior to getting a virus (solved earlier by this forum), and I know some settings were changed in the process of devirusing, but I'm not sure what they all were.

jimflint1 said:
I don't know if it's my Firefox settings, my Firewall settings, services changes, or something else, but this web page among others is taking forever to load up: guitar.zentao.com/forums/.

Any ideas? This wasn't happening prior to getting a virus (solved earlier by this forum), and I know some settings were changed in the process of devirusing, but I'm not sure what they all were.

I tried
http://www.guitar.zentao.com/forums/

and got a 404 not found, it might be the websites your trying that are having problems, try pinging them in a DOS box and see what type of reply you get.

Regards

Actually I copied that web address from the address box on my browser screen, but the actual web address is without the \forums\ part on it. Such as: guitar.zentao.com

This site I've had trouble with loading on my home pc, but not on any other pc, such as the one I'm using now at the public library. Other sites seem to load fine at home, but certain ones, and the above mentioned one is one I frequent a lot, are taking forever to load.

jimflint1 said:
Actually I copied that web address from the address box on my browser screen, but the actual web address is without the \forums\ part on it. Such as: guitar.zentao.com

This site I've had trouble with loading on my home pc, but not on any other pc, such as the one I'm using now at the public library. Other sites seem to load fine at home, but certain ones, and the above mentioned one is one I frequent a lot, are taking forever to load.

clean your temp and cache folders

smore9648 said:
clean your temp and cache folders

That did the trick. Thanks smore. But why did that work? I like to know the underlying reasons for the way things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back