Problems with Galaxy 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a PCI-X Galaxy 6600GT.
I have had it for a few months and it has been working fine, until recently.
When I'm not playing games, it runs perfectly, but as soon as I run one, the game displays like shown in the farcry screens attached.
It's the same for all 3D games.
It appears to be a hardware problem as I have tried reinstalling drivers and reinstalling windows.

I would be greatful if anyone can tell me what the problem could be.
Thank you

Attachments

• FarCry0001.jpg
    FarCry0001.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 19
  • FarCry0002.jpg
    FarCry0002.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 16
  • FarCry0005.jpg
    FarCry0005.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12
vegasgmc said:
Looks like the card has bad memory. It should still be under warranty.

Thing is, it was working at first.
Does that mean the memory was alright at first, then became 'bad'?

Thanks for the help!

If you happen to be using graphics driver version 77.72, try going back to 71.89 or earlier.

I have got that problems too .In OS GPU working normally but when i watching films I have big artefact`s (watch attached screens) and when i play games like NFSU2 or start 3DMark2k3 I`ve got artefact`s like urs. I find topic in other forum where some guy talk about bad series of that graphics card which Core Speed (525 Mhz in 3dmode) is too high . My problems start in one bad day when my brother play NFSU2 in max details , my lcd turn off and i must reset PC, after that everything getting started...... :( <sorry for my English i`m from Poland ;)>

Zon said:
Thing is, it was working at first.
Does that mean the memory was alright at first, then became 'bad'?

You bet...

If your not overclocking and your getting major artifacts...espically during high stresss situation (i.e. gaming) it could be a varity of things...

Overheating card...check the temps under stress
Bad Card...i have seen alot of bad video memory cause this exact same issue

I would try the card in a different machine, and if the same problem occurs, RMA it. If not it is something with your config, so i would start with has been suggested, roll back the drivers. Undeclocking would be a last resort in my opinon. (why decrease your performance when you payed for it)

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back