Problems with Hotmail "Live"?

abecedarian

This is slightly tech, but doesn't fit into the other forums. I'm a little embarrassed about asking this, since many of you have all gone on to trendier, more exotic e-mails, but after trying a half-dozen (Yahoo, Gmail, Fastmail, etc.), I kept returning to Hotmail.

At some point, Hotmail seemed to have forced its "live" version on me. Suddenly, the text is all running together without paragraphs on the replies, the lines run forever to the right when composing, there is nowhoere to click to save a particular e-mail, and friends are saying they're not receiving my e-mails at all.

Are any of you running into similar problems?

You mean "Windows Live Hotmail?" I still have that as one of my email addresses but I haven't seen the problem you describe although I don't use it very much. As you know it is web based and I've accessed it from several different PCs. Usually I use Firefox 2.0.0.7.

(Yahoo, Gmail, Fastmail, etc.)

I personally wouldn't use Gmail. Some sites don't accept it.

As for windows live hotmail, the review aint good:-

The new Windows Live Hotmail will be a welcome change to Microsoft’s 228 million webmail users, but it falls short of the Yahoo and Gmail offerings. They offer 2 GB of storage, better than Yahoo, but there are no POP-in or POP-out features at all. If you want to access your account outside of the web site, you have to do it via Outlook or Outlook Express. It remains the slowest among the three in our tests.

Regards Jase :)

Back