Problems with IE and <iframes> - Anyone got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have created an Intranett system for my company, witch depends on expanded comunication between a few webservers - php and MySql, intern and extern servers Windows 2003 Web edition - and a few file servers (Windows 2003 Server).

This system keeps track on all activities, equipment, invoices etc and makes our company almost paperless, more than 80% atm and very close to 100% at the end of this summer. I have used IE and Opera as main browsers - reason - we got a high numbers of extern consultants with low computer experience, this usualy use IE - default browser with windows. On our offices we use Opera - Reason, I live in Norway :p Call me natinalistic or whatever lol ;), but the main reason is that the board wantet do use Opera as a default within the company.

The problems who I have not been capable to solve has appeared this month, when I did an upgrade off all computers to service pack 2 and all the latest updates.

Now IE is not capable to show folders if I use an <iframe src="\ftp://site"\>, but IE has now probles showing the folders if I use the same address line in a new window.

Opera is offcourse unaffected of this, but it makes our extern consultants - whith low computer experience growling... Anybody got any tips fo me in this issue?

Is there a easy solution, witch dont include work for the extern instructors, any ways I can program me around this issue?

Purely from looking at the code, I think it should read: <iframe src=\"ftp://site"\>
i.e. swap the \" for "\
The backslash is known in Dos, Windows and HTLM, the forward slash is known in web-addresses and Unix.

Hmm.. My fault... Misspelled.. :/

Ya! U got right, I was a bit quick when I wrote down that tag :p

But it does not solve my problem, was just a human error when I wrote the tag...

But thx for the response, got any other ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back