Problems with insatlling RADEON 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.

underfaker

hi all,

now i have a little problem..... yesterday i bought this RADEON 9550 graphics card. i unistalled all the drivers relevant to the old graphics card, then turned off me pc, then i put my RADEON in, fired the pc up and i was left with a blank empty screen.

whats the deal??

*in reading Firegod03's issue -
Problems with my ATI Radeon 9600 AGP

i have come to 3 conclusions

1. my computer is not capible to run the RADEON

2. my computer is too old, (preety much as No#1)

3. i had a problem with my old nivida RIVA TNT/2, soon after i had xp loaded on the computer, in the divice manager section in control panel, when i clicked on the display adapter sub section, it did list the graphics card (TNT2) but had a error code 10 beside it. could this problem be interfering with insatalling the new one??

please help!!!!!!!!

Doooooood!!! <-- translate as "hello and welcome to techspot" ;)

Can you tell us a bit about your system? What make/model is it? What kind of AGP slot do you have etc.

Thanks!

ok i have

processor - intell Pentium 3 E 550 mhz

motherbord - abit model - i440BX - W977(BE6-II,BF6)
chipset - intel i440BX/ZX
SouthBridge - 82371 (PIIX4)
sensor - Winbond -

BIOS
Award Software International
v 4.51

graphic version AGP v1.0

MEMORY -SDRAM - 256mb + (i have another 256 stick ready to put in)

is that all??

It seems that your board is not even listed on the discontinued list of the abit website. It is older than the discontinued motherboards it seems. :bounce:

From doing a google, (assuming your motherboard is the BE6-II) your AGP slot only supports an AGP 1X/2X (Sideband) 3.3V device.

That card you are trying to pop in there is an 8x\4x AGP card, and I do not believe there is a way to get them working together.

Wait and see if someone here knows of any way around this, but... I'm afraid they are not compatible together.

Try a different driver.

Try using this driver:
DHzer0point
Go here
http://www.hwupgrade.it/download/file/2421.html for Dhzer0point Catalyst 0.5.8
http://www.hwupgrade.it/download/file/2350.html for Dhzer0point Catalyst 0.5.6
I am using Dhzer0point Catalyst 0.5.6 now. I have had some problems with my card GeCube 9550 Infinite gu
While playing a game the image was freezing or i was getting this message:
the video card stoped responding to the driver command (somenthing like this). Now the image makes a flick from time to time (in puts the game in the menu bar an then it puts me back in to it) but no more crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back