Problems with mini pci wireless card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys thanks for looking.

I recently bought a dell true mobile 1150 wireless series mini pci card for my laptop along with a pair of antennae to install in my inspiron. It didn't come with any drivers but I managed to download the latest driver and client manager from the dell website. The installation seemed to be fine but I can't seem to detect any wireless networks on it. I shut down the computer last night and when I woke up this morning it was working fine but after I rebooted again It wasn't able to my wireless connection.

I have verified that the radio is turned on and power management seems fine what else could be the cause?

thanks,

edit: the firewall on my computer is also disabled

Do you have any wireless buttons/switches you have to press in order to activate it? Or maybe some Fn key combination. Usually there is such a lock mechanism that lets you turn off and on the wireless.

First of all I would like to thank you for your prompt reply.

The combo to enable the wireless card for dell pc's is Fn+F2 I have already tried that before without luck.

When I bought this Laptop it wasn't wireless enabled so I had to buy a mini pci wireless card and internal antennae cables, any other ideas anyone?

Quite often you have to right-click the Wifi-icon in the System tray, and select "find a connection" or something like that.
They don't come 'on' by themselves.

Thanks for the reply,

I have done that in fact I refresh the network list a few times but it still does not detect any wireless network.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Do you have a wireless setup, or do you just have a laptop, that can also do wireless?
Without a WAP (wireless access point) wifi is no good to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back