Problems with monitor to tv out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizerist

hi. i bought myself a s-video to scart cable today.
i'm mostly pleased with it, but games wise, its weird because certain things want to play on my monitor only.

for example if i load flatout 2, it plays on my monitor
if i load tomb raider 4 it plays on my tv.
if i play TR1 via glidos, it plays the FMV on the monitor and the game on the tv.

baffled!

i've tried messing with properties and pc visual settings, but i dont want to mess too much. i could mess it all up.

please help!

whats making this happen

i'm sure someone must know

Well part of the reason nobody responded was because you used SCART most of the world doesn't even know what that is.

I'm going to guess that the reason some games work and others don't is related to the TV resolution and what the game is set at. Try manually dropping the game resolution to 800x600 or less and then seeing if it works on the tv. Unless you are using an HDTV, but there again I run into not knowing anything about SCART that wasn't in the wikipedia entry, and I didn't see anything about HDTVs there.

tizerist said:
hi. i bought myself a s-video to scart cable today.
i'm mostly pleased with it, but games wise, its weird because certain things want to play on my monitor only.

for example if i load flatout 2, it plays on my monitor
if i load tomb raider 4 it plays on my tv.
if i play TR1 via glidos, it plays the FMV on the monitor and the game on the tv.

baffled!

i've tried messing with properties and pc visual settings, but i dont want to mess too much. i could mess it all up.

please help!

whats making this happen

i'm sure someone must know

I think I researched this last year? is not SCART a canadian connection which although not new technology has been around for years is equal to our current standard of HDTV (maybe european and not canadian hard to remember) Is so maybe there is a software decoder needed?
please send a link to where you purchased it at as I might buy one also in order to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back